Friday, April 9, 2010

Kenyir International Triathlon

28 March 2010
There were no timing chips this year, just manual recording by organizers. Nevertheless, it made the race more enjoyable without the ankle band for me, cos I dread the chafing and possibility of accidentally getting it caught in the buoy strings during the swim.

As always, the scenery at Kenyir Lake never ceases to amaze me when I am there. At the hotel lobby, looking out at the vastness and beauty of the lake, I felt as if I were transported to "The Land Before Time". It's that beautiful to me!

And now, on to the race report.. in pictures. :)

Swim (1.5km) - 00:33:36

According to my watch, actual swim time was roughly 32 minutes.

Bike (40km) - 01:26:39

This should be accurate cos the transition exit/enter is at the bike start/stop lines..

Run (10km) - 01:05:51

According to my watch, actual run time was 1 hour 1 minutes 50 seconds. That means i spent about 4 minutes getting off the bike and putting my socks and shoes on.


Total - 03:06:06

Position - 8th Place (Women's Open 16-34 yrs)


Overall, the race was fun and exciting! It's one of the supposedly more challenging terrains for an Olympic Distance triathlon in Malaysia. Well, maybe X-Terra may be tougher this year, we'll see come June.

We supported and were supported a lot! It was Debbie's third try at a tri, and she did well! We were all so proud of her. She made it out of the water within 45 minutes and not only that, came out 5th place in her category (Women Veteran)! Lydia also did well, with 7th place (just in front of me), and Disco made 3rd place. Thus, everyone in our carpool troop got placings and earned a total of RM1,900. Not bad, for people like us who don't race professionally.

Looking forward to Kenyir Triathlon 2011! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment